Flexible Multiple Operation Cell Video
A job shop in South Dakota needed to expand production output to meet increasing demand. Machine operators are difficult to find, hire, and train.
- RoboFlex® – II Mid-size parts system
- FANUC M16iB/20 20Kg (#44) robot
- (2) Haas SL-20C NC Turning Center
- Servo-driven Door Operators
- Part flip/re-grip station
- Quick change gripper couplerr system
This fully automated two machine turning cell cost about the same as a twin spindle, twin turret CNC turning center yet is fully automated. It needs just a few minutes per hour of operator attention to keep it fully loaded, and to maintain part quality, and machine tooling. This production cell is versatile. It can easily be changed over to run many different kinds of two operation turning jobs in the future. A quick change gripper allows end of arm tooling to be prepared in advance and changed over in a few seconds for another job.